The Pink Shirt Day kaupapa
By celebrating Pink Shirt Day and raising money to support the kaupapa, your school/kura is a part of a powerful movement to spread aroha and kindness and end bullying. Every dollar raised helps the Mental Health Foundation to run Pink Shirt Day, raise awareness about bullying prevention and provide free resources to help make our schools safe and inclusive for everyone.
You can celebrate Pink Shirt Day at a time that suits you, and keep the kaupapa going all through the year!
Here are some ideas to help you keep the Pink Shirt Day kaupapa alive all year long:
- Download the kaiako/teacher toolkit and the tauira/student toolkit - full of inspiration, activities and fundraising ideas to help your school or kura celebrate the Pink Shirt Day kaupapa and keep the movement going all year round!
- Purchase the official Pink Shirt Day t-shirt! It's available now in select Cotton-On stores. 100% of net proceeds from t-shirt sales supports the Pink Shirt Day kaupapa.
- Check out our other free resources, including posters, teacher compliment cards, bunting and more!
- Use our Pink Shirt Day Sparklers activities for tamariki, including two new activities for 2021: Our Aotearoa Upstanders and Me and Whare Tapa Whā and Keeping Pou Strong. As well as their classroom suite, they also have a whole range of activities that can be done at home to get the whole whānau into the Pink Shirt Day spirit.
- Funded by Pink Shirt Day, InsideOUT run free Rainbow Inclusive Schools workshops throughout Aotearoa. The workshops help schools to strengthen bullying prevention and rainbow inclusion initiatives. See if there's a workshop in your local area by clicking here!
- Check out InsideOUT’s resources for creating safe and inclusive school environments for rainbow rangatahi. From bullying to bathrooms, their resources cover all aspects your school may need to think about.
- Learn about the Five Actions to Being an Upstander. An Upstander is a supportive bystander who uses words/actions that can help someone who is being bullied. Share this video with your tauira.
- Learn about our Key Values, developed by E Tū Whānau. Recognise and award tauira who express the values of Kōrero Awhi, Mana Manaaki and Aroha with our Pink Shirt Day certificate (coming soon!).
- Read case studies about all kinds of people who have either experienced bullying or are taking a stand against it.
- Check out the Good Reads section of this site to find books about bullying-prevention, diversity and kindness, all reviewed by the Pink Shirt Day team and organised by age (use the handy filter tool).
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!